Mission & Vision
Harvest Kids is an exciting and vital ministry in the church. It is a launching pad for nurturing the faith of the next generation. Harvest Kids serves as a place of prayer for children, a place where they hear foundational Bible stories, and a place where children learn simple Biblical truth statements. We want to partner with and equip parents to raise a generation of children who: grow in Christ and spiritual maturity; Discover, develop, and use their gifts for the glory of God; pursue a God-centered vision of life; engage in worship, study, prayer, and ministry; and have a clear vision for godly manhood and womanhood.We are currently working chronologically through the Old Testament during the 9:00 hour and the New Testament during the 10:45 hour.
We value families worshipping together at Harvest! We offer Harvest Kids classes for children up through 1st grade during both the 9:00 hour and the 10:45 hour. We offer class for 2nd-5th grade only during the 10:45 hour. Because of this, if you have a 2nd-5th grader, we encourage you to worship together as a family during the 9:00 hour, then take your child to class during the 10:45 hour while parents attend an adult Sunday School class, a Discipleship Community, or serve somewhere in the church during that 10:45 hour.
If you have any questions about this, please contact Kevin Furniss (email@example.com)
Harvest Kids seeks to immerse children in God’s Word, teach them how to pray and worship, and support their families in their commitment to facilitate spiritual growth by:
- Familiarize children with the whole Bible.
- Encourage children to develop a biblical mindset and Christian worldview.
- Encourage children to trust in the promises of God.
- Lead children to recognize their sinful nature and to respond in repentance and faith in God.
- Cultivate a love for God’s Word and a habit of reading it consistently.
- Give children an opportunity to see the hand of God at work in the world.